The reasons why people become dependent on substances like alcohol and drugs are just as complicated as the sickness itself. No guideline or group of principles can explain why some people develop a dependency on a substance while others do not.
Some individuals seem to have the good fortune to avoid abusing substances, but this is not the case for everyone, according to the rehab center in India. Both biological and environmental variables have been shown to have a role in the onset of addictive behaviors.
The Importance of Investigating and Treating Addiction's Root Causes
Substance abuse is the culmination of factors contributing to drug and alcohol dependency. As part of any alcohol rehabilitation centers in Delhi, these root issues are investigated and addressed. The likelihood of future relapse increases if they are missed or just partially revealed.
Furthermore, if someone has both a substance abuse problem and a mental health problem, called a co-occurring disorder, they need treatment for both simultaneously. Otherwise, the risk of relapse increases.
Indicators that a close friend or family member may be misusing drugs
Those who take drugs often attempt to hide their symptoms and minimize the severity of the situation. You should be on the lookout for the following warning signs if you are concerned that a friend or loved one may be taking drugs:
The following are examples of physical warning signs:
- Eyes that are red and irritated, with pupils that are either bigger or smaller than normal
- Rapid decrease in weight or increase in weight
- Alterations in one's eating habits or sleeping habits
- Deterioration of one's physical appearance, as well as one's hygiene practices
- Symptoms include slurred speech, tremors, and decreased coordination
- Strange odors coming from the person's breath, body, or clothes
Warning indicators in terms of behavior include:
- The employee or student's attendance and performance suffer at work or school
- Conducting oneself in a manner that is mysterious or covert
- Problems with one's finances that cannot be explained, resorting to theft or borrowing
- A swift shift in one's circle of friends, preferred hangouts, and activities
Warning signs from a psychological perspective include:
- A shift in personality or attitude that cannot be explained
- Periods of exceptional agitation, giddiness, or hyperactivity
- Mood swings, irritation, or bursts of anger may come out of nowhere
- Gives off the impression of being afraid, worried, or paranoid
Addiction Treatment Options
Addiction treatment options include both residential and non-residential settings. Patients with mild to severe addiction might benefit from an organized treatment plan offered by inpatient or residential therapy from rehab centers in Delhi. The program requires full-time participation in a residential treatment facility. Patients in an outpatient program attend therapy sessions regularly but remain at home and continue working.
Drug addiction may be healed, or at least effectively controlled, with a treatment program from a drug rehabilitation centre in Delhi that is well-structured and organized. Ananda Care can assist you in finding a route that leads away from the addiction and towards a life of recovery. Get in touch with them to learn more about the well-respected programs they provide and how they may assist you or a loved one in taking the first steps toward recovery.