Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that arises due to neurological disturbances in the brain. It is primarily found in young people. It impairs cognition, distorts the senses, and makes it difficult for the patient to differentiate between what is real and what isn’t. Usually, this strikes people belonging to the age group of 16 to 25. Schizophrenia distresses the patients persistently and severely and makes them frantic and withdrawn. The worse thing about this disorder is that it not only affects the individual with the disorder but also his/her family members and friends including other people from society. Know more about Schizophrenia facts here.
Early Signs of Schizophrenia – The severity and number of the symptoms vary from person to person. Here is a comprehensive list of the warning signs of schizophrenia-
- Decrease in the diet as well as personal hygiene
- Irrational statements
- Weird behavior
- Excessive sleeping or trouble sleeping
- Isolation, reclusiveness, and social withdrawal
- Change in personality
- Avoiding social relationships
- Inactivity or hyperactivity in behavior
- Not being able to either cope or concentrate on the minor issues
- Pre-occupation with occult
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Weird posturing
- Refusing to touch objects or persons, or wearing gloves, etc… while touching anything or any person.
- Shaving body or head hair
- Self-mutilation or causing harm to one’s own body
- Staring continuously or incessantly blinking
- Gazing like a reptile without blinking the eyelash
- Extreme stubbornness in behavior
- Using odd or peculiar words or language
- Irritability or sensitivity when someone touches
How to Treat Schizophrenia?
Discover the symptoms – If you discover any odd behavior of the person that makes no good sense, you must consult a doctor immediately. Either the symptoms come up suddenly, or it might take some to develop. Usually, these symptoms are noticed first by the family members. You need to keep in mind that the patient accepts delusions and hallucinations as reality, so he or she is likely to resist treatment.
Get medical help – Hire a well-qualified and experienced person to treat and assess schizophrenia. Make sure to choose a physician that is interested in treating the illness. He or she should be competent enough to deal with the patient. In case you have no or little confidence in the psychiatrist or physician you must seek secondary advice. We have the best centre for schizophrenia treatment in Delhi.
Take updates about the patient’s condition from the psychiatrist – A schizophrenia patient might not be in the condition to collect information or know more about the assessment. Hence, being a well-wisher you must take updates from the doctor about the patient’s condition and discuss concerns with him or her. You need to be persistent and specific about everything. Remember, the more information you give to the physician, the better the treatment will be.
At times, persons suffering from schizophrenia find the symptoms quite frightening. Hence, they try to hide them from others. So you need to deal with them accordingly. You can contact us through our website to get the best schizophrenia treatment in Delhi NCR.